Monday, May 25, 2015

FIRST DAY AT THE DOJO

Blog 1
During the first day of entering the dojo my body was in lots of pain from boxing practice. Every movement I made was a struggle as a result  from soreness and cramps. However, through all this pain, I enjoyed my time at the dojo, especially during the stretching techniques. While performing different stretching techniques I felt all the body pains in my muscles disappearing as if I was self repairing myself.

In the dojo that day, I learned how to perform blocking techniques which are very different and more difficult than blocking techniques are in boxing.  However, Sensei Riley taught me that the purpose of blocking is to deflect and changed the direction of my opponent's attack. Do not meet force with force. I experimented with this idea by incorporating it into my boxing and I realized how this gives me a greater advantage in boxing in much the same way it works in karate.

No comments:

Post a Comment