Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 3 :
 This class has been amazing up to this point. During these three weeks I've learned so much about martial arts and what it really means. It is clear to me now that it's not just about fighting , but rather about the spiritual side of it and defending yourself. Martial arts helps to keep your mind and body calm. It helps to keep your soul at peace.

From the documentaries and movies we watched, I've learned about Shaolin Temple and how it influenced the world of martial arts. Also how Bruce Lee completely changed the game of martial arts by introducing his own philosophy and creating a way of no one way with Jeet Kune Do, which is a mixture of all martial arts. He was a role model to everyone and his legacy still impacts millions of people around the world. He changed the way people in the world view his people by showing his skills in the cinema after only making four films.

Last but not least, I also learned how to put into practice new techniques in real life combat situations. I really like this class because I'm learning new stuff on a daily basis. I almost forgot to talk about the documentary, The Smashing Machine, about an MMA Champion Mark Kerr, which completely changed my mind about a future in joining professional MMA. I don't think I could deal with all the things and damage that these fighters deal with after every fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment