Thursday, June 4, 2015

Blog 5 projects closing

Blog 5
June 2

Today is the last day of our martial arts project. I have really enjoyed this Spring Phase Project from listening to the philosophy of great people like Bruce Lee, -- to realizing my ability to change and improve so quickly. From the class I was able to learn various lessons from being in the classroom, dojo or even from watching movies.

Some first thoughts about being in an activity such as martial arts or boxing is that it is only about violence and brings trouble. But it was after the class viewed the movie, Never Back Down, I began to realize that during this month in this project is where I was most at peace. The part of the movie that made me understand this is when the mother of the main character visits the mixed martial arts trainer and says, "You use people's anger to make money." But the trainer responds by saying, "When they leave they are not as angry as when they came in." Martial arts and boxing have kept me focused. More focused on the task at hand has made me realize more about myself. As I continue my journey in life, I hope that I can find more time to continue martial arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment