Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Last day of class

This class has been fantastic! At first I didn't even sign up for this class, they just gave it to me. I was mad at first but it turned out to be an amazing learning experience for me! 

The history of martial arts is phenomenal! Because of this class, I now have a better understanding of the real meaning of martial arts, the philosophy, their origin and the founders of these beautiful arts. I never knew what Shaolin was until this class. I never knew that in martial arts there was more to it than just fighting. Martial arts is a way of having a placid state of mind; calm body. It is a way to ensure protection for yourself and loved ones. 

Throughout this class I learned techniques to defend myself, vocabulary words in Japanese, as well as names of weapons that were used by ancient martial artists and still are used by practitioners today. I learned about Bruce Lee's impact on the martial arts world, as well as normal people in the world that look to him as a role model. However, the most important thing I learned in this class is that discipline, dedication, and respect are the keys to success. Your future depends on your choices. It's up to you. Either you want to be successful and put the work in, or choose to be a failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment