Tuesday, May 29, 2018

KARATE IS MORE THAN FIGHTING


As I go through The History of Martial Arts Project with Sensei Riley, it has been easy for me to see that karate is more than beating someone up in a fight. I have had a good reflection on this class as I participated and learned throughout the weeks of training and analyzing.

Karate is power, self defense, reflection, and maturity. The power in karate comes from within, which is shown in the passion of the training and passion of the fighting. The self-defense comes from the basic format of as to why people should be using karate in the first place. Reflection comes from meditation which is found in finding yourself within and realizing your worth. Maturity comes from learning how to handle situations thrown at you no matter if it is physical or in life.

"Calm Mind. Calm Body" is a quote that has begun to stick with me as I always have found reasons to not be calm, but tense up in life. But after learning The Martial Arts Creed and other mantra from Sensei Riley, I have a better understanding on how I should approach life. This class taught me more than any other core class I have taken in school and I thank my sensei for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment