Friday, May 18, 2018


Over the past three weeks the class and I have experienced a lot in this project. We’ve viewed movies, documentaries, and trained in several martial arts. We are still on the basic defensive stages and learning how to block kicks and punches as well as how to fall correctly. 

Just yesterday, we watched The Karate Kid, which was a great movie. I saw it already but it was a long time ago, so I barely remembered it. Watching the movie again made me realize how much karate can benefit you as a teenager. You have to protect yourself from people who have the intentions to harm you. 

Also yesterday, I learned a new technique where I move my hips based off of twisting my feet. It took me a while to figure it out but I think I’m starting to get the hang of it. I’ve had a lot of fun these past several days and I am very excited to learn even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment