Thursday, May 12, 2016

What I learned so far

I was happy that I chose to join the Spring Phase Project called SBP History of Martial Arts. Thus far I learned that many martial arts came from Africa. Well, hearing that martial arts originated from Africa did not surprise me, because almost everything that I've learned in history and the evolution of human origins demonstrate that they are from Africa.

Sensei Riley got physical right away showing how different techniques worked with many class members.

The project shows me how martial arts helps people find their inner peace. It is not all about fighting. The important things that I get so far includes, is that martial art is all about protection, not killing. When a person learns the skill but never gets a chance to use it, that is a good thing. When a person uses the skill, it has to be used with a positive purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment