Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Entering the Dragon


Today, we went to the Shorinjiryu Hombu Dojo in Brooklyn, New York. The walk to the station was fun. We, including myself, need to calm down some though. We can't show our eagerness to go to the dojo on the streets. We need to have better behavior so that we won't be in trouble and have to sit in the Trophy Room all day.

We have to acknowledge the fact that we are representing ourselves, the school, and our family. If there are ladies about to board the train, we should let them go first. Not bum-rush, ignore, and almost knock down the ladies. That is very rude indeed. I also should've been quieter and more respectful when I was at the dojo.

I really liked all of the cool things that we did at the dojo. We learned how to punch correctly. When they were showing me how to breathe while I meditate, I really felt like I was meditating for the first time. When I was stretching, I was in pain because of how stiff/tight I am.

I really appreciated the food. It was great! It was real Brooklyn pizza. The dojo was super clean, and all the sensei instructors seemed nice.

I think that it was cool how Hanshi Myron showed us real live katana, other swords, and kama. I think that it was additionally cool as to how razor sharp the weapons were too! He cut through stuff like it was nothing!!!!

I would definitely come here again. I think that this dojo is the perfect place to learn how to fight. I liked how sensei showed us what will happen in a real life sequence of events if we do something wrong. I liked the body armor that we had. You can take any punch except for when sensei hits you, of course!

The train ride was long, and I was able to get some sleep. I was happy to be able to stop and get some snacks and go to the bathroom. Next time we should stay close to sensei because we could get lost, and you will be in the Big Apple all alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment